Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tuesday January 17, 2012

Dear Dad,

The snow storm hardly hit us, we had about 5-6 hours of snow at the most, during which I was riding my bike.  There was hardly any visibility, and the snow was blinding us on top of that!  I was lucky to have one eye open at a time. We could have quit, but our lives pale in comparison to the work that needs to get done, so we pressed forward. That, and our dinner was only 5 miles away, and our stomachs were growling... at least mine was anyway.

One of the sisters in our district sounds exactly like Jennifer Jones.... and looks a little like her too..., it’s kind of weird.  And Elder Winters now reminds me a TON of Mason and how he would act in these situations... it’s a sign that Mason needs to go serve a mission!  How is he doing anyway? I don’t hear a ton about him or his family. I sent a letter in the mail, they should be getting it soon. (.....right now this elder is watching me while I type..haha)

Your story just reminded me of the vision of the tree of life that Lehi had..... Make sure you stay out of the mist of darkness, that and make sure that we can try to help them get out of that spacious building politely and gently.

Favorite scripture this week is 1 Nephi 4:6
"and I was led by the spirit not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
How great was Nephi's courage to just go and do it, my goal for this upcoming week is to do that better. Funny, I had an experience just like that. The spirit told me we needed to go see someone - about an extra 5, very hilly, miles away. (We were on exchanges and I was the Sr. Comp.) We did so, and it turned out to be super beneficial.

Love,
Elder Benedict


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

From:  "Forrest Benedict"
To:   "Jennifer Benedict"


I got the GPS just in time, TY!!!!!!

Breakout is exactly roll playing.

We were super blessed to get 14 other lessons and 4 members present, usually it’s around 9-14(total) lessons we teach per week, if we are lucky.

How is Brenner and the rest of the family doing? How is Martha?

Thanks for setting up the blog, it looks great! Except my hair is cut really short... but oh well.

Our investigators are a little in-between. We have hardly any; this area has some investigators, with mostly helping LA and RC... and strengthening the members. 
(hmm – LA and RC?  Less-active and recent converts, maybe???)

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Love,
Elder Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment