Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday April 16, 2012

Sorry Dad, but I don’t have too much time to respond to your email, 
I’m grateful to be here, to have such wonderful gifts and am especially grateful for those who use their gifts wisely.
Keep using yours that way.

Love,
Elder Benedict
P.S.  Here are some pictures of what we did for our p-day.  (click on "Photos")

Hey,
Hope y’all are doing well!
The work is going well and the blessings keep coming.
I was very fortunate in having the opportunity to dig a trench in my white shirt and tie the other day. Needless to say I got pretty dirty.... but that was one of the most fun things I have been able to do so far. 
(Mosiah 2:17) comes to mind, it’s a great scripture and is something new I learned this week. I thought I would just share it will you all.

Love,
Elder Benedict



Brenner!
I am doing well. I just got to go to a battle field! It was very cool, but there were a lot of bugs, eww!  But there was a cool tower.  I will show you pictures when I get back.
In your next email/note make sure to tell me how school and Zork are doing. I hope you are doing well!
Love,
Elder Benedict

Sister Olsen, the sister from the senior couple serving here, hemmed my pants for me.  :D  They live across the street and are super kind. We (Forrest and comp) are both doing well.
Sadly we haven’t had a lot of contact with our investigators, they are all “very busy" and don’t know when they are free. And if we drop by too much then they get upset and avoid us.... so getting lessons has been pretty tough... we average about 10 lessons a week, which is very low considering that normal for this area is 20 - 26. We are trying to get through our ruts.... (We have a lot to learn from each other....)
Sometimes I just want to bawl because of all the blessings that I see others passing up. It really is one of the biggest choices they can make while here on earth.

Story:
We received a referral about a woman, named Pat Dunn. She is Irish and has family that is in PA..... I don’t know why but I feel that she is pretty close family, that is why I have been asking about family history... she wanted to know more about the church so she let us in. She made it very clear about not being baptized, but I feel that the decision she makes will be different than what she states.

Also today as a zone, we went to the Antietam Battle Field.... and saw the "corn maze", and "Bloody Line".

One of the Brothers in the Antietam ward knows just about everything about the battles that went on here. So he said that he would give us a personal tour another day! :D

The work is going like it always will
(insert the standard of truth here)
The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
-       Joseph Smith
Love,
Elder Benedict

No comments:

Post a Comment